Assigning using Hex Codes

If you're one of those people who reads the instructions, here they are.

Moderators: ianbuckley, wademcnary

Assigning using Hex Codes

Postby wademcnary » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:19 pm

Some users report success assigning from another universal remote such as Harmony rather than the original remote.

To assign using hex codes:
- Register your name and password in the L5 Remote app by tapping on the upload to cloud icon.
- On a computer, log in to http://remotes.l5remote.com using the same user name/password as in the app.
- For each hex code, click New Code, add the name and code and click Create. Many hex codes can be found at http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/codes/.
We recommend that you test a few codes before programming the entire remote.
- On your iPhone, open the iOS Settings app (global settings) and select the L5 Remote settings.
- Set the Assign Mode to Hex Codes.
- Open the L5 Remote app and select the remote to assign, or create a new remote.
- Press Assign, and tap the button you want to assign. You will be able to select from the list of hex codes that you uploaded.
- Repeat until all buttons are assigned.

Please post your results.
wademcnary

Re: Assigning using Hex Codes

Postby stillone » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:42 pm

Could you please tell me how to format the hex code for the following operation? I contacted Esoteric and asked them what the hex codes were to change inputs on a P-05 CD Transport .

They provided a chart with the following but I am not sure what to post on under my Login which is "stillone"
They also note this is NEC Format
at the top of their sheet it says 8520+code+code

the operation i desire are <------- which they note as 43 BC
and -------> which they note as 44 BB

Thanks, Jim
stillone

Postby stillone » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:51 pm

Problem resolved. L5 support was able to find a remote that worked and loaded it for me.

Thanks
stillone

Postby xrv » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:15 pm

If the button does not have any signal attached to it, you don't get the question about how to teach. So if you can't get the signal in on the button you have to assign dummysignal from any remote that works som that the button turns green. THEN you get the menu up so that you can assign HEX-codes!

Looking for the HEX-codes for an ADCOM GTP-880. Have found some of them for another model, but not all. What I know of now is that the input DVD and DVD-A that is missing.
xrv

Postby wademcnary » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:31 pm

You can also set the L5 to assign Hex codes (without the dummy signal) here:

iPhone Settings > L5 Remote > Assign Mode > Hex Codes

Upload your remote to the Cloud, and send us the name (something unique). We'll add the missing codes.
wademcnary

Postby xrv » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:44 pm

Uploaded :
Adcom GTP-880 by XRV
xrv

Postby wademcnary » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:15 pm

We've uploaded the remote under the name "Adcom GTP-880 by XRV v.2"

We weren't able to find all the button codes. Check and see what's missing, and maybe one of the other users can help out.
wademcnary

Postby xrv » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:02 pm

The only essential one I miss is for turning on 5.1-channel direct input. Use that one when I watch movie. Kind of useless without it. Anyone got a tip?

DVD did the same as Vid1, but I don't need all inputs so that's OK.
Great work so far. Thanks
xrv

Return to Instructions