Some users report success assigning from another universal remote such as Harmony rather than the original remote.
To assign using hex codes:
- Register your name and password in the L5 Remote app by tapping on the upload to cloud icon.
- On a computer, log in to http://remotes.l5remote.com
using the same user name/password as in the app.
- For each hex code, click New Code, add the name and code and click Create. Many hex codes can be found at http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/codes/
We recommend that you test a few codes before programming the entire remote.
- On your iPhone, open the iOS Settings app (global settings) and select the L5 Remote settings.
- Set the Assign Mode to Hex Codes.
- Open the L5 Remote app and select the remote to assign, or create a new remote.
- Press Assign, and tap the button you want to assign. You will be able to select from the list of hex codes that you uploaded.
- Repeat until all buttons are assigned.
Please post your results.